Clarendon Thoroughbred Racing
Since the start of Clarendon Thoroughbred Racing in 1997 there has been many great highlights. From our first winners MEDELAI, FEARBY CROSS, and HARTLEY to our most recent success COVERDALE.
We have had many significant horses within our syndicates, like BRADBURY, who ran over jumps and on the flat, finishing fourth in the Grade 1 Matalan Hurdle at the Aintree Grand National meeting. Another, PENHILL, ran in some of the most competitive three-year-old handicaps in 2014, then went on to sell at Newmarket for 230,000GNS, having cost only 24,000GNS as a yearling. BRAIDLEY, was a smart performer, again bought for a low 11,000GNS to then sell for 110,000GNS to Australia. More recently, success has come from the likes of FEARBY & COVERDALE, not only did these horses perform during their time in the syndicate but have both since been sold to Hong Kong (Fearby in 2021 & Coverdale this year).
- The opportunity to invest in a 10% share of a good flat racing horse that will be racing at local tracks over the following 12 months and where opportunities allow to race in the big meetings
- Horses are pre selected by Edward Bethell utilising his eye for bloodstock along with his tremendous Bloodstock agent; Tom Biggs from Blandford Bloodstock who has proven experience of buying successful Clarendon horses as stated above
- A one off all-inclusive payment covering all aspects of both purchasing and training expenses at the start of the year
- All the perks of fully fledged ownership but at a fraction of the expense
- Owners benefit from complimentary “Owners” badges, parking, hospitality and use of owners facilities at racecourses which frequently include meals on the course when your horse runs
- Visits to the stables and gallops by arrangement to see your horse and benefit from one on one time with Edward Bethell with coffee and refreshments
- Rebates following the profitable sale of horses and the winning of prize funds which reduce the overall cost
The Syndicates have a maximum of 10 shareholders and the cost of each share is an all-inclusive price (this includes the cost of the horse and all training fees for one year). We take great pride in our syndicates, ensuring everything is very easy and a most enjoyable experience for our owners.
If you would like to find out more about how to get involved in Clarendon please do not hesitate to get in contact