Thorngill Cottage is set in Coverdale on the edge of the picturesque Yorkshire Dales National Park and only 2.5 miles for the historic racing town of Middleham.
With it’s panoramic views, direct access to the moors and close links to the A1(M), Thorngill is the ideal base from which to explore North Yorkshire.
This beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom self-catering accommodation, newly refurbished to a high standard, has room to suit all needs and accommodate you in the upmost luxury and style. Thorngill Cottage offers idyllic open plan living space and comfort, ideal for short breaks or holidays.
Check in – from 3.00pm onwards on the day of arrival
Check out – by 11.00am on day of departure
A minimum stay of 3 nights.
A tour of Middleham gallops and badges to the local races (to be booked 48 hours prior to arrival) included in your stay.
Badges for York races will incur an additional charge but can be arranged.
Free onsite parking
Simple self check-in available
Fully equipped kitchen – for self catering
TV + Freeview
All your basic essentials – linen, towels etc
Washing machine and tumble dryer
Sadly no pets allowed
Fabulous restaurants and pubs nearby
Perfect location for many walks with breath taking views – situated in the Yorkshire Dales
Close proximity to the historic racing town of Middleham – tour of the gallops available
Numerous local racecourses – free badges available
Many local National Trust and English Heritage locations
Family friendly attractions
Thank you for a lovely stay. Loved the long walks.
– K & D Foster
What a perfect break from NYC. The usual excellent hospitality and it was fantastic to see Granny of course.
– K & D Foster
We have had a lovely couple of days here; we would certainly plan a return.
– P &J McMahon
Many thanks for a wonderful weekend – an antidote to the humdrum of modern life! Best wishes for a good season with the horses.
– M & T Steven
We are delighted to have had the opportunity to come back so soon after our first visit. We’ve had a wonderfully relaxing family time enjoying the autumn scenery in the Dales – what a contrast to our summer visit! Thank you for making us feel so welcome in your beautiful cottage.
– P & A Rodgers
July – High
August – Medium
September – High
October – High
November – High
December – High
Fill out the form below to check available upcoming dates
- RT @ThirskRaces : Idoapologise takes our first race of the day for James Bethell and PJ McDonald. Heartwarming to see so many of our late ch… 2 days ago
- RT @M_R_F : One in five people who get bacterial meningitis will go on to have life-long after effects. Our CEO @smithvinny & Ambassador Ge… 2 days ago
- @Tweenhills @ThirskRaces @dredvers @Qatar_Racing @hannahmwall Well done to all @Thorngill great ride PJ #WINNER 2 days ago
- RT @Goffs1866 : 2YO Orby Yearling Sale graduate IDOAPOLOGISE wins the opener @ThirskRaces for trainer @JamesBethellRac who purchased the hor… 2 days ago
- RT @HoskinsSam : Probably not surprising that there are 2 runners in the last @DoncasterRaces today - a 0-110 handicap worth £20k. The equiv… 4 days ago